Our Updated Business Hours, Branch Openings & Safety Measures

Personal Auto Insurance FAQ

What type of insurance is required by law?

All drivers are required by law to have property damage and bodily injury liability coverage. Property damage liability helps pay for repairs or replacement of another driver’s vehicle or property.  Bodily injury liability covers medical costs, loss of wages and funeral expenses of others should you be liable.

What is the difference between collision and comprehensive coverage?

Collision coverage pays for damages to your car should you collide with another car or object such as a tree or building. 

Comprehensive coverage pays for damages to your car from non collision events, such as wind/hail, theft, broken windshield, animal collision, etc. 

What happens if I get into an accident with an uninsured driver?

Uninsured motorist coverage helps protect you if you are involved in an accident with an uninsured motorist. It is comprised of two parts. Bodily injury insurance covers injuries or death to you or your passengers. 

What if I am injured in an accident?

Personal injury insurance helps pay for medical expenses, lost wages and some other expenses when you or your passengers are injured in a car accident regardless of fault. 

If a friend borrows my car and is in an accident whose insurance is liable?

Against popular belief, insurance follows the car and not the driver. If you loan your car to a friend, your insurance is primary.

How is my premium determined?

Each carrier uses a different formula to calculate premiums, but generally the following is taken into consideration:

  • Age
  • Gender
  • Marital status
  • Type of car
  • Use of vehicle
  • Driving record
  • Driving frequency
  • Geographic location
  • Credit

Products offered by Midwest Heritage Insurance Services are not insured by the FDIC or any other Federal Government Agency, are not a deposit or obligation of, or guaranteed by Midwest Heritage Bank, may involve investment risks, including possible loss of principal amount invested, and may lose value.