Easing the burden of vision expenses.
Taking care of your vision can be costly. How will you afford to pay for the eye care your family needs? Hy-Vee’s Vision plan has you covered. We offer Ameritas EyeMed Vision Care so you have the access to in-network discounts and services to keep your vision expenses in check.
What it is...
Hy-Vee’s Vision plan helps you in many ways.
• For eye exams and lenses, you’ll only pay affordable copays.*
• For expenses like frames, follow up exams, optional lens coatings, and elective Lasik and PRK vision correction surgery procedures, you’ll receive allowances and percentage discounts to help reduce your out-of-pocket costs.**
• The plan is flexible and gives you access to a nationwide network of eye care providers.
What it covers...
With the Ameritas EyeMed plan, you’ll get vision coverage where you need it most.***
| ||EYEMED ACCESS NETWORK PAYS ||OUT-OF-NETWORK PAYS |
|EXAMS - once every 12 months |
|Exam with Dilation as Necessary ||Covered in full after a $15 copay ||Up to $45 |
|Standard Contact Lens Fit and Follow-Up ||Up to $55 ||N/A |
|Premium Contact Lens Fit and Follow-Up ||10% off retail ||N/A |
|LENSES - once every 12 months |
|Single vision ||Covered in full after a $10 copay ||Up to $45 |
|Bifocal ||Covered in full after a $10 copay ||Up to $65 |
|Trifocal ||Covered in full after a $10 copay ||Up to $85 |
|Lenticular ||Covered in full after a $10 copay ||Up to $85 |
|Standard Progressive ||$75 ||Up to $47 |
|Premium Progressive ||$75; 80% of charge less $120 allowance ||Up to $47 |
|Elective Contact Lens ||$0 copay, up to $150 allowance ||Up to $105 |
|Medically necessary Contact Lens ||Covered in full ||Up to $210 |
|FRAMES - once every 24 months |
|Frames ||$0 copay, $150 allowance; 20% off balance over $150 ||Up to $47 |
* Subject to frequency limits per service year and calendar year based on services used. Please consult policy brochures for more information.
** Discounts vary by services.
*** This is an overview of plan benefits. For details on each benefit, refer to policy.
|Employee ||$1.96 |
|Employee and 1 dependent ||$2.90 |
|Employee and 2+ dependents ||$5.22 |
How do I enroll?
• During Open Enrollment (October 26-November 20, 2020)
• First 30 days of employment or first 30 days following a Part Time to Full/Regular Time status change
• First 30 days following a qualifying life event
• Enroll online at hy-veebenefits.com
Midwest Heritage Insurance Service Team
Products offered by Midwest Heritage Insurance Services are not insured by the FDIC or any other Federal Government Agency, are not a deposit or obligation of, or guaranteed by Midwest Heritage, may involve investment risks, including possible loss of principal amount invested, and may lose value.