← Back to all positions
Customer Care Representative
Date Posted: 11/27/2018
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Provides Midwest Heritage customers an exceptional customer service experience through telephone, online chat, video and email interactions. This position responds to banking customer inquiries, markets additional services, redirects incoming communications to the applicable department, proactively contacts customers as applicable and performs requested customer service maintenance for assigned online channels.
Hours: The Customer Care Center has extended hours from 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM Monday through Friday and 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM on Saturday’s. Customer Care Representatives will be expected to work the various shifts on a rotating basis.
- Provides first-class service by communicating with customers by telephone, chat, email, or other channels to respond to inquiries and service requests, resolve issues, and provide information about Midwest Heritage services.
- Process service maintenance requests for the online banking channels, including, but not limited to, Consumer eBanking and mobile, Business eBanking and mobile, Online Account Creation, ACH origination, remote deposit and Health Savings Accounts (HSA).
- Monitor banking systems and reports to identify incomplete or erroneous items. Contact internal departments, vendors, or customers to verify information and take necessary steps to correct or complete transactions.
- Based on customers’ existing services and needs, promote additional Midwest Heritage banking, financial and insurance services.
- Track issues and statistics to assist management in analyzing activities, challenges, and opportunities.
- Provide back up for other members of the team.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Commitment to the Midwest Heritage mission and willingness to promote the values of the organization.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to and interact with people in a positive, friendly and professional manner
- General computer proficiency (Experience with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic problem solving skills
- Basic proficiency with information systems
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements:
- Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum Experience: One plus year(s) of customer service, banking or related experience.
- Accountable and Reports to: Vice President, Operations
- Supervisor Responsibilities: None or list positions
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- The duties of this position are normally performed in a general office setting. This is a fast paced work environment.
- This position is classified sedentary/light and requires the ability to sit for long periods of time.
- There is frequent pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects in a day.
- Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near range with or without correction.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: sitting for long periods, talking (in person and by telephone), hearing and repetitive motions.
Computer (PC with Microsoft Office programs), telephone, calculator, telephone, copier, Fax, and printer.
Other Position Requirements:
- Contacts: This position works with Midwest Heritage employees, customers, Hy-Vee employees, vendors and outside agents doing direct business with Midwest Heritage.
- Confidentiality: This position has the responsibility to protect the privacy and confidentiality of customers, employees and bank/insurance/financial information at all times.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to:
- Perform quality work within deadlines.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Midwest Heritage is an EOE/VET/Disability employer.