← Back to all positions
Date Posted: 11/16/2018
Location: West Des Moines Corporate Office
Type of Employment: Full-Time
If you are looking for an internship which will provide you with meaningful work, an overview of our business and much more follow the application process below to become a candidate!
The insurance intern will be responsible for learning all aspects of insurance agency operations. The intern will work in the Midwest Heritage benefits channel.
- Benefit plans and communication (20%)
- Enrollment and customer service (20%)
- Benefit offering research (20%)
- Benefit plan implementation and renewal (40%)
The Successful Candidate Will Have:
- Skills in the following applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Experience with problem solving and organization
- Possess strong social skills with a desire to join the business industry upon graduation
- Ability to work 30-40 hours per week, for a minimum of 12 weeks starting in May
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Sophomore standing (as of May 2019) working towards a degree in Business, Marketing, Agribusiness or related field
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
For this position, we require you to attach your resume, cover letter, three references and official or unofficial transcript.
Midwest Heritage is an EOE/VET/Disability employer