← Back to all positions
Open Enrollment Specialist
Date Posted: 10/18/2018
Type of Employment: Full-Time
The Benefits Enrollment Specialist is an independent contractor responsible for conducting face to face group and individual open enrollment meetings to ensure each employee has a good understanding of the benefit options available to them. In addition, this person will help employees enroll into both core and voluntary benefit plans. The Benefits Enrollment Specialist assignment will run from November 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018.
- Availability in the months of November and December to work flexible schedules (day or evening), based upon workload and client requirements.
- Prompt, reliable attendance for training and all scheduled open enrollment meetings.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with HR Managers.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and be courteous to all employees.
- Conduct open enrollment meetings at assigned employer groups to discuss benefit options and benefit changes.
- Assist employees with understanding benefits and making elections to meet their needs and budgets.
- Scrub and submit complete and legible enrollment forms to the office in a timely manner.
- Handle difficult or emotional customer situations and respond promptly to customer needs.
- Ability to assess a situation and problem-solve resulting in positive outcomes.
- Communicate information thoroughly and perform work completely and accurately.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required
- Must be professional, enjoy making new contacts and have a positive attitude.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to speak in front of groups of people are essential
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability assess customer needs and provide benefit options to meet those needs.
- Bilingual/Spanish a plus but not required.
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements
- Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum Experience: One plus years of similar or related work experience required.
- Other Requirements:
- Iowa Life, Health and Accident insurance license required.
- Previous experience with core and voluntary benefits preferred
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Accountable and Reports to: Business Development Director
- Supervisor Responsibilities: None
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- The duties of this position are normally performed in a general office setting. This is a fast paced work environment.
- There is frequent pressure to meet deadlines with minimal supervision and a high degree of accuracy.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: standing for long periods, talking (in person in front of a group), and hearing.
- Mainly in Iowa traveling between home and employer groups
- Computer (PC with Microsoft Office programs), telephone, calculator, copier, Fax, and printer.
Other Position Requirements
- Contacts: This position works with Midwest Heritage employees, customers, Hy-Vee employees, vendors and outside agents doing direct business with Midwest Heritage.
- Confidentiality: This position has the responsibility to protect the privacy and confidentiality of customers, employees and bank/insurance/financial information at all times.
- In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to:
- Follow all state and federal regulatory requirements and complete assigned training courses within the required time frames.
- Perform quality work within deadlines.
- Interact professionally with employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.