← Back to all positions
Date Posted: 9/28/2018
Location: West Des Moines Corporate Office
Type of Employment: Full-Time
The Portfolio Manager (PM) will work to support lenders in providing exceptional customer service to existing and prospective clients throughout the loan process, as well as taking an active role in servicing the existing client base. The PM will assist in file documentation, gathering, analyzing and interpreting credit information for existing and prospective customers in order to assess credit quality and to minimize risk and potential loss on commercial, real estate, agricultural, non-profit and personal loans. This position will have an active client facing role.
- Works collaboratively with lenders in establishing and maintaining relationships with current and prospective clients, including accompanying lender on existing customer and prospective customer calls and other sales/customer oriented projects.
- Prepares and presents, periodic reviews of new and existing credits: assesses financial statements, cash flow, projections, credit quality, covenant compliance, collateral analysis, and borrower and guarantor analysis
- Assists lender throughout the entire loan process, including gathering financial information, documentation of the credit file, and coordination of loan closing with attorney’s, closing agents and title companies.
- Monitor portfolio loan exposure including review of monthly reports, including maturity reports, daily overdraft activity reports and weekly past due reports and financial exception reports.
- Supports lender in reviewing, underwriting and servicing of all loans, including Small Business Administration (SBA) loans.as well as assisting loan operations team in packaging credit files.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Commitment to the Midwest Heritage Mission and willingness to promote the values of the company
- Advanced knowledge of lending principles, processes and practices
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Advanced knowledge of analysis tools, logic and proven aptitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Word, and PowerPoint with advanced proficiency in Excel
- Excellent skills in managing multiple tasks requiring strong attention to detail.
- Strong internal and external interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements:
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum Experience: Three plus years of experience in credit administration and risk analysis.
- Knowledge of Small Business Association (SBA) lending.
- Formal credit training preferred.
Accountable and Reports to: Senior Vice President, Senior Lender
Supervisor Responsibilities: None
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- The duties of this position are normally performed in a general office setting. This is a fast paced work environment.
- There is frequent pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects in a day.
- Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near range with or without correction.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: sitting for long periods, talking (in person and by telephone), hearing and repetitive motions.
- Monthly travel between Midwest Heritage locations and periodic travel to customers, vendors, training and conferences.
- Computer (PC with Microsoft Office programs), telephone, calculator, copier, fax, and printer.
Other Position Requirements:
- Contacts: This position works with Midwest Heritage employees, customers, Hy-Vee employees, vendors and outside agents doing direct business with Midwest Heritage.
- Confidentiality: This position has the responsibility to protect the privacy and confidentiality of customers, employees and bank/insurance/financial information at all times.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to:
- Follow all state and federal regulatory requirements and complete assigned training courses within the required time frames.
- Perform quality work within deadlines.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Midwest Heritage is an EOE/VET/Disability employer.