← Back to all positions
Benefits Advisor (Contract Position)
Date Posted: 7/13/2018
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Midwest Heritage, a subsidiary of Hy-Vee, is a full-service financial institution that offers a full-line insurance agency. Our worksite benefits channel is exclusively dedicated to voluntary benefits design, communication, enrollment, and service. Midwest Heritage works with employers and insurance brokers to design turn-key voluntary benefits solutions that supplement an employer’s core benefits package. We manage the voluntary benefits program from start to finish – design the program, enroll the employees, provide customer and claims services, and enroll new employees that become eligible for benefits after the initial enrollment period.
Midwest Heritage is currently recruiting contracted Benefits Advisors for our worksite benefits channel, serving a group of 85,000 employees. Our Benefits Advisors communicate voluntary benefits solutions to these employees at over 250 locations throughout the Midwest, as well as to employees with other employer groups within our broker services channel. Additionally, the position will be responsible for offering voluntary benefits packages to prospective employers in the communities we serve. We support enrollments and re-enrollments for all of our clients.
If you enjoy providing best in class employee education and support, this is a great opportunity for you. We currently have unlimited enrollment opportunities throughout the Midwest. We offer competitive compensation as well as paid training and paid expenses.
Midwest Heritage represents the top voluntary benefits carriers, and many of the benefits offered to our clients are offered on a guaranteed issue basis during the initial enrollment, regardless of group size.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
Midwest Heritage is focused on recruiting intelligent, dedicated, outgoing professionals who are interested in a long-term career in sales.
- Three years of experience in the benefits or life and health industry and knowledge and experience in employee benefit plans and supplemental benefits plans is required.
- Must have experience in presenting employee benefits and enrolling employees into voluntary benefits.
- Successful candidates must have a friendly positive attitude, always present themselves in a professional manner, be self-motivated, and have a strong work ethic.
- Must be able to work independently, maintain a high degree of confidentiality, and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to read, understand and analyze life and health coverages, forms, and policies.
- PC with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and some typing skills needed.
- Current insurance license in good standing with the Department of Insurance is required or the willingness to obtain required licenses.