← Back to all positions
Hy-Vee Relationship Manager
Date Posted: 5/15/2018
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Designated Area: Council Bluffs, Omaha Area, Lincoln and surrounding locations
Midwest Heritage, a subsidiary of Hy-Vee, established in 1873 is a full service financial center that offers Banking, Insurance and Investments. At Midwest Heritage we offer a unique line of products and services to customers...anywhere, anytime. Midwest Heritage has doubled in size over the last 7 years and is looking for additional team members who are customer focused, genuine and goal oriented. If you are looking for a career that provides phenomenal benefits, competitive salary, autonomy and growth, don’t wait…submit a resume today!
The Hy-Vee Relationship Manager is responsible for managing client’s entire relationship with Midwest Heritage; including personal accounts, business accounts, loans, investments and financial planning services for assigned area. Responsibilities include developing, and maintaining strong customer relationships with new and existing clients to meet their complex banking needs, promoting all financial products and services offered through Midwest Heritage, business development activities, and operational efficiency including working with internal partners to process applications and coordinate closings. The Hy-Vee Relationship Manager will negotiate terms and conditions of all products and services in compliance with Midwest Heritage policies and procedures.
The Hy-Vee Relationship Manager must have residency in or near their designated area and the ability to travel constantly within designated area with up to 10% overnight travel for training and other business purposes.
- Sells and markets Midwest Heritage loan, deposit, insurance and investment products and services through personal interaction with Hy-Vee and subsidiary employees. Includes cross selling and referring Midwest Heritage products including insurance and investment.
- Analyzes and identifies local market niches, business development, product and service opportunities and recommends pricing strategies to achieve product and service goals.
- Develops key relationships in the Hy-Vee market through active participation in store meetings and employee interactions.
- Provides business information and strategic advice to clients by identifying customer's needs and make appropriate suggestions for available services and promoting new services.
- Plays an integral part in planning, developing, and implementing annual goals, strategies and budgets to enhance productivity, meets or exceeds productions goals, maximizes income and meets profitability objectives.
- Meet established sales and business goals
Customer Service, Marketing, and Other
- Provides friendly, efficient, and accurate assistance to internal and external customers.
- Ensures the customer is satisfied with the products and services they obtain; answers questions concerning customer’s relationships.
- Presents a positive image of Midwest Heritage and the consumer financial services business.
- Prepares weekly pipeline reports on contacts made and applications originated.
- Provides and maintains each store with Midwest Heritage marketing materials and coordinates other marketing opportunities within Hy-Vee stores.
- Develop relationships within assigned Hy-Vee stores and actively participate in store and other meetings (department head, quarterly bonus, new employee orientation, etc.) to promote business.
Origination of Bank and Insurance Products
- Develops, negotiates, and coordinates the closing of consumer and residential loans.
- Assesses customer insurance needs, work with internal business partners to prepare and present accurate proposals, and recommend coverage to the customer and prospects.
- Interviews loan and insurance applicants and collects and analyzes financial and related data.
- Ensures that financial transactions and sales methods minimize financial risk and complies with all the legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to meet and maintain monthly production goals for loans, insurance and investment referrals.
Secondary Responsibilities: (These are considered occasional in nature)
- Actively participates in regional and company training programs and sales seminars
- Performs all other job-related duties as requested by supervisor.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
- Regulatory, product and process knowledge related to banking, financial services, and lending.
- Knowledge of business development and sales strategies.
- Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Word, Office and PowerPoint.
- Excellent customer service and presentation skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Active listening, oral comprehension, and speech clarity ability required to communicate with customers in person and on the telephone.
- Sound decision making, organizational skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with stringent guidelines.
- Drive for results and excels in a fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, marketing, or related field. Will consider combination of education/experience in a related role in lieu of education.
- Two or more years of banking, financial services, sales, business development or related field.
- Two or more year’s mortgage lending experience is required.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must have an active Nationwide Multistate Licensing System (NMLS) number. NMLS number must be in good standing, maintained and all requirements adhered too. For employees new to the position the NMLS number must be obtained within 60 days.
Midwest Heritage is an EOE/VET/Disability employer.