← Back to all positions
Date Posted: 6/21/2018
Location: Windsor Heights
Type of Employment: Part-Time
The Sales Associate sells Midwest Heritage Bank’s products and services including teller and personal banking functions. This position is responsible for promoting all Midwest Heritage products and services to customers and provides competent and courteous service to existing and prospective customers. This location is open 7 days a week and extended hours on weekdays. Incumbent must have the flexibility to work evenings and weekends, up to 25 hours per week.
- Pro-actively sells Midwest Heritage Bank products and services and promotes all Midwest Heritage products and services.
- Responsible for completing in-aisle sales and PA announcements as required.
- Increase account relationships of existing bank customers and attract new customers by introducing them to new products and services.
- Successfully achieves all sales goals on a continuous basis.
- Processes all types of teller transactions as well as maintains and balances a cash drawer daily. Maintains knowledge, skills, and abilities in regard to Midwest Heritage products and services by participating in on-going training and staying aware of internal communications.
- Assists the Operations Supervisor in clerical support including filing, ordering supplies, maintain office records, and preparation of reports.
- Successfully achieves all operations goals on a continuous basis.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- Ensures that customers are satisfied with the products and services that they obtain.
- Proactively and professionally communicates with customers regarding their financial needs.
Secondary Responsibilities: (These are considered occasional in nature)
Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required
Skills and Abilities Required to Perform Job:
- Professional presentation and excellent communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer and keyboarding skills.
- Must be 16 years of age.
- Successful experience in a customer service capacity.
- Previous sales or cash management experience preferred.
- Previous Bank Teller experience is preferred.
- Previous experience must demonstrate the ability to sell, communicate effectively, and provide excellent customer service.
- Primarily 100% inside with occasional local travel.
- This position is primarily an office retail environment with moderate standing, sitting, and walking required.
- Busy atmosphere with multi-tasking; including constant listening, talking and use of computer requiring finger dexterity.
- Hours vary from week to week including evenings until close (7-7:30pm), and weekend hours.
Material and Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Computer printouts, incoming mail, calculator, computer, copy machine, fax machine, various software programs.
Has the responsibility to protect the privacy and confidentiality of customers, Midwest Heritage employees and Midwest Heritage information.
- Attention to detail
- Customer service orientation
- Technical/procedural skills
- Oral and written communications skills
Customers, employees, business owners, community or trade professional organizations.
Midwest Heritage is an EOE/VET/Disability employer.