← Back to all positions
Date Posted: 10/31/2018
Type of Employment: Full-Time
The Financial Planner markets, grows and manages a variety of investment types, insurance and benefits to clients. The Financial Planner will execute trades, provide accurate and timely service, ensure optimum customer relationships and keep informed of security market trends and developments, as well as changes to state and federal security trading regulations.
• Responsible for developing, prospecting, and managing a portfolio of financial services and meeting or exceeding production goals.
• Provide first class customer service to clients including interviewing customers to obtain financial background and goals, analyzing financial data, advising on current financial issues, making recommendations, preparing sound financial plans to ensure clients meet their goals, and selling financial services to customers.
• Build relationships across Midwest Heritage banking, financial, and insurance services and refer opportunities to clients; including developing and conducting investment seminars.
• Process all customer transactions accurately and within compliance and maintain a record of all transactions processed by means of the control measures required by the company i.e.; daily blotter, correcting transactions that are inaccurate or missing information, and knowing what has been processed and the status of each trade.
• Maintain a working knowledge of regulatory, economic factors, and Midwest Heritage services; follow all processes and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance, maintain Financial Services philosophies, and complete on-going training on operational issues and continuing education.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
• Commitment to the Midwest Heritage mission and willingness to promote the values of the organization.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office.
• Proven ability to analyze financial information and comply with regulations.
• Proven ability to make good financial recommendations to clients.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Attention to detail and strong math skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ethics; ability to relate to and interact with people in a friendly, professional manner.
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements:
• Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field. Will consider eight years financial sales or related experience in lieu of degree.
• Minimum Experience: Two plus years of financial sales or related experience.
• Other Requirements: Series 7, 63, & 65 SEC/FINRA licenses required or the ability to obtain within 90 days of employment.
Accountable and reports to: President, Financial Services
Supervisor Responsibilities: None
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
• This position is required to work out of the Chariton, IA office a minimum of one day each week.
• The duties of this position are normally performed in a general office setting. This is a fast-paced work environment.
• This position is classified sedentary/light and requires the ability to sit for long periods of time.
• There is frequent pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects in a day.
• Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near range with or without correction.
• Must be able to perform the following physical activities: sitting for long periods, talking (in person and by telephone), hearing, and repetitive motions.
60% mainly throughout a nine state region with some overnight travel required.
Computer (PC with Microsoft Office programs), projector, telephone, financial calculator, copier, fax, and printer.
Other Position Requirements:
Contacts: This position works with Midwest Heritage employees, customers, Hy-Vee employees, vendors, and outside agents doing direct business with Midwest Heritage.
Confidentiality: This position has the responsibility to protect the privacy and confidentiality of customers, employees, and bank/insurance/financial information at all times.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to:
• Perform quality work within deadlines.
• Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
• Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
• Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Midwest Heritage is an EOE/VET/Disability employer. Employment at Midwest Heritage is contingent upon a negative pre-employment drug screen.