← Back to all positions
Date Posted: 11/7/2019
Type of Employment: Full-Time
The Operations Supervisor provides operational leadership for Sales Associates and directly manages Sales Associates. This position assists the Bank Manager in overseeing all daily bank sales and operational programs and strategies.
- Under the direction of the Bank Manager, oversees the daily operations of the bank. Ensures that all operations are carried out accurately and efficiently.
- Manages and provides operational leadership and direction for Sales Associates.
- In collaboration with the Bank Manager, recruits, retains and motivates high quality employees that understand and utilize bank and corporate sales marketing and operational strategies.
- With input from the Bank Manager, completes timely performance evaluations for Sales Associates; quarterly and annually.
- Completes front line observations and the role play log as required.
- Along with the Bank Manager, facilitates a monthly branch meeting to share current and future status, expectations and various updates.
- Conducts monthly one on ones with each team member.
- Trains Sales Associates.
- Prepares staff schedules, maintenance of attendance records, and other sales and operational reports.
- Processes all types of teller transactions as well as maintains and balances a cash drawer daily.
- Provides clerical support including filing, ordering supplies, maintaining rate boards and office records, and preparation of reports.
- Ensures the security of bank personnel, customers and assets by monitoring adherence by staff to all established bank security policies and procedures.
- In collaboration with the Bank Manager, ensures that financial transactions, Bank operations, and sales methods minimize financial risk and complies with all the legal and regulatory requirements.
- Performs required audits.
- Maintains knowledge, skills, and abilities in regard to Midwest Heritage Bank products and services by participating in on-going training and staying aware of internal communications.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- Assists the Bank Manager in planning, developing, and implementing annual bank office goal strategies and budgets to enhance productivity, meets or exceeds production goals, maximizes income and meets profitability objectives.
- In collaboration with the Bank Manager, develops and implements a monthly or bi-monthly aisle walk marketing plan.
- Pro-actively sells Midwest Heritage Bank products and services and promotes all Midwest Heritage products and services to customers and ensures that all Sales Associates meet this requirement as well.
- Responsible for completing in-aisle sales and PA announcements as required and ensures that all Sales Associates meet this requirement as well.
- Increase account relationships of existing bank customers and attract new customers by introducing them to new products and services and ensures that all Sales Associates meet this requirement as well.
- Provides support to Loan Officer as requested.
- Proactively and professionally communicates with customers regarding their financial needs and ensures that all Sales Associates meet this requirement as well.
- Ensures that the customer is satisfied with the products and services that they obtain and ensures that all Sales Associates meet this requirement as well.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Must have a friendly positive attitude, strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to approach people.
- Thorough knowledge of practices and procedures used in a financial services bank, and ability to train others on them.
- Must always present themselves in a professional manner.
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in banking, financial services, or related field.
- Experience must include sales and customer service.
- Previous management or leadership experience required.
- Ability to obtain Iowa Notary license.
Accountable and Reports to: Bank Manager
Supervisor Responsibilities: Sales Associate I, II, III
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Primarily 100% inside with occasional local travel.
- This position is classified sedentary/light and requires the ability to sit for long periods and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Frequently communicates with customers in person and on the phone. Must be able to exchange accurate information.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, reading.
- Retail locations - Hours vary from week to week including days, evenings until close (7-7:30pm), and some weekend hours.
Computer (PC with Microsoft Office programs), telephone, calculator, telephone, copier, fax, printer and various software programs.
Other Position Requirements:
Contacts: This position works with Midwest Heritage employees, customers, Hy-Vee employees, vendors and outside agents doing direct business with Midwest Heritage.
Confidentiality: This position has the responsibility to protect the privacy and confidentiality of customers, employees and bank/insurance/financial information at all times.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to:
Follow all state and federal regulatory requirements and complete assigned training courses within the required timeframes.
Perform quality work within deadlines.
Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Midwest Heritage is an EOE/VET/Disability employer. Employment at Midwest Heritage is contingent upon a negative pre-employment drug screen.