← Back to all positions
Mortgage Loan Processor/Closer
Date Posted: 10/15/2019
Location: West Des Moines Corporate Office
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Performs processing of real estate mortgage loans within full guidelines of secondary market and regulatory compliance.
Mortgage Loan Processing
- Obtains complete credit package, appraisal and title documentation.
- Assists branches with rate locks for secondary market real estate loans.
- Prepares underwriting packages to send to secondary market investors.
- Coordinates mortgage loan closings with branches and closer.
- Ensures that all closing conditions and requirements have been met.
- Ensures accurate printing of preliminary real estate loan documents.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides processing support to Bank Branches.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment essential.
- Attention to detail required.
- Must be able to prioritize workload.
- Ability to work independently with stringent guidelines.
- Computer friendly skills required.
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements:
- College degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years in mortgage experience.
Accountable and Reports to: AVP Loan Operations Manager
Supervisor Responsibilities: None
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- The duties of this position are normally performed in a general office setting. This is a fast paced work environment.
- This position is classified sedentary/light and requires the ability to sit for long periods of time.
- There is frequent pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects in a day.
- Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near range with or without correction.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: sitting for long periods, talking (in person and by telephone), hearing and repetitive motions.
Computer (PC with Microsoft Office programs), telephone, calculator, telephone, copier, fax, and printer.
Other Position Requirements:
- Contacts: This position works with Midwest Heritage employees, customers, Hy-Vee employees, vendors and outside agents doing direct business with Midwest Heritage.
- Confidentiality: This position has the responsibility to protect the privacy and confidentiality of customers, employees and bank/insurance/financial information at all times.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to:
- Follow all state and federal regulatory requirements and complete assigned training courses within the required timeframes.
- Perform quality work within deadlines.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Midwest Heritage is an EOE/VET/Disability employer. Employment at Midwest Heritage is contingent upon a negative pre-employment drug screen.