← Back to all positions
Date Posted: 10/15/2019
Location: West Des Moines Corporate Office
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Responsible for underwriting mortgage and consumer loans in compliance with the Bank's lending policies and procedures.
Underwriting of Loans
- Responsible for the decision to approve or deny mortgage and consumer loan applications in accordance to relevant information provided at loan application
- Responsible to examine loan documentation for accuracy and completeness while working with loan originators and production staff to secure all required loan documentation
- Responsible to ensure that the specifications of properties and terms of loans meet the requirements of the financial institution and secondary market guidelines
- Responsible to uphold SLA’s to all mortgage and consumer underwriting turn times
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participates in regional and company training programs.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Strong public relations skills as well as verbal and written skills.
- Seeing and hearing well enough to communicate with customers in person and on the telephone.
- Dexterity to handle papers and use computers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while practicing sound lending judgement
- Attention to detail required.
- Must be able to prioritize workload.
- Ability to work independently with stringent guidelines.
- Ability to meet production, quality and service standards along with direct coaching and feedback to ensure quality.
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements:
- Education/experience equivalent to a four-year degree in finance, business administration, marketing, or related field.
- A minimum of two years of mortgage lending experience is required.
- Ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge of mortgage industry credit guidelines and policies for FNMA, FHLMC & USDA
- Ability to obtain Iowa Notary license.
Accountable and Reports to: VP of Loan Operations
Supervisor Responsibilities: None
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- This position is classified sedentary/light and requires the ability to sit for long periods of time.
- There is frequent pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects in a day.
- Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near range with or without correction.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: sitting for long periods, talking (in person and by telephone), hearing and repetitive motions.
Computer (PC with Microsoft Office programs), computer printouts, incoming mail, real estate and consumer loan applications, loan documents, telephone, calculator, telephone, copier, fax, printer and various software programs.
Other Position Requirements:
- Contacts: This position works with Midwest Heritage employees, customers, Hy-Vee employees, vendors and outside agents doing direct business with Midwest Heritage.
- Confidentiality: This position has the responsibility to protect the privacy and confidentiality of customers, employees and bank/insurance/financial information at all times.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to:
- Follow all state and federal regulatory requirements and complete assigned training courses within the required timeframes.
- Perform quality work within deadlines.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Midwest Heritage is an EOE/VET/Disability employer. Employment at Midwest Heritage is contingent upon a negative pre-employment drug screen.