← Back to all positions
Date Posted: 3/18/2019
Location: West Des Moines
Type of Employment: Full-Time
The Sales Associate sells Midwest Heritage Bank’s products and services including teller and personal banking functions. This position is responsible for promoting all Midwest Heritage products and services to customers and provides competent and courteous service to existing and prospective customers.
This location is open 7 days a week and extended hours on weekdays. Incumbent must have the flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
- Pro-actively sells Midwest Heritage Bank products and services and promotes all Midwest Heritage products and services.
- Responsible for completing in-aisle sales and PA announcements as required. (Retail Locations)
- Increase account relationships of existing bank customers and attract new customers by introducing them to new products and services.
- Successfully achieves all sales goals on a continuous basis.
- Processes all types of teller transactions as well as maintains and balances a cash drawer daily.
- Maintains knowledge, skills, and abilities in regard to Midwest Heritage products and services by participating in on-going training and staying aware of internal communications.
- Assists the Operations Supervisor in clerical support including filing, ordering supplies, maintain office records, and preparation of reports.
- Successfully achieves all operations goals on a continuous basis.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- Ensures that customers are satisfied with the products and services that they obtain.
- Proactively and professionally communicates with customers regarding their financial needs.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
Skills and Abilities Required to Perform Job:
- Professional presentation and excellent communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer and keyboarding skills.
- Ability to report to work when scheduled and on time.
- Retail locations must have availability to work days, evenings until 7:30 pm, and weekends.
- Must be 16 years of age, high school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous sales or cash management experience preferred.
- Previous Bank Teller experience is preferred.
- Previous experience must demonstrate the ability to sell, communicate effectively, and provide excellent customer service.
- Primarily 100% inside with occasional local travel.
- This position is classified sedentary/light and requires the ability to sit for long periods and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Frequently communicates with customers in person and on the phone. Must be able to exchange accurate information.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, reading.
- Retail locations - Hours vary from week to week including days, evenings until close (7-7:30 pm), and some weekend hours.
Midwest Heritage is an EOE/VET/Disability employer.