← Back to all positions
Date Posted: 2/19/2019
Location: Windsor Heights
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Responsible for soliciting, negotiating and coordinating the closing of consumer and residential loans in compliance with the Bank's lending policies and procedures and promotes business for Midwest Heritage by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services. The position of Loan Officer assists in attaining established goals through active participation in sales calls and meeting.
Origination of Consumer and Mortgage Loans
- Develops, negotiates, and coordinates the closing of consumer and residential loans.
- Interviews loan applicants and collects and analyzes financial and related data in order to determine the general credit worthiness of the prospect and the merits of the specific loan request.
- Ensures that financial transactions and sales methods minimize financial risk and complies with all the legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to meet and maintain monthly loan production goals for mortgage, consumer, and credit life and disability.
Management of Loans
- Ensure established lending requirements are met and provide maximum profitability to the bank with a minimum of risk.
- Establish and negotiate where necessary the terms under which credit will be extended, including the cost, repayment method and schedule and collateral requirement.
- Sells and markets the bank’s loan and deposit products through personal interaction with Hy-Vee and subsidiary employees on a regular basis.
- Analyzes and identifies local market niches, business development, product and service opportunities and recommends pricing strategies to achieve product and service goals.
- Develops key relationships in the market through active participation in professional and civic activities.
- Participates in community-related activities and exhibits leadership involvement.
- Assists the Bank Manager and Operations Supervisor in planning, developing, and implementing annual bank office goal strategies and budgets to enhance productivity, meets or exceeds productions goals, maximizes income and meets profitability objectives.
Customer Service and Other
- Provides friendly, efficient, and accurate assistance to internal and external customers.
- Promotes business for Midwest Heritage by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new products and services.
- Ensures the customer is satisfied with the products and services they obtain; answers questions concerning customer’s accounts.
- Has working knowledge of interest rates, payments, and loan policy.
- Has working knowledge of bank deposit products.
- Presents a positive image of Midwest Heritage and the consumer financial services business.
- Prepares weekly call/sales reports on contacts made and applications sent to the Bank.
- Assists customers with loan application preparation.
Secondary Responsibilities: (These are considered occasional in nature)
Actively participates in regional and company training programs and sales seminars.
Performs all other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities Required to Perform Job:
- Strong public relations skills as well as verbal and written skills.
- Seeing and hearing well enough to communicate with customers in person and on the telephone.
- Dexterity to handle papers and use computers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment essential.
- Attention to detail required.
- Must be able to prioritize workload.
- Ability to work independently with stringent guidelines.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, marketing or related field with two plus years of related experience (direct mortgage lending experience strongly preferred). Will consider combination of experience and/or education in lieu of degree.
- Must have an active Nationwide Multistate Licensing System (NMLS) number. NMLS number must be maintained and all requirements adhered too. For employees new to the position the NMLS number must be obtained within 60 days.
Midwest Heritage is an EOE/VET/Disability employer.