← Back to all positions
Office Assistant (PT)
Date Posted: 1/25/2019
Location: West Des Moines Corporate Office
Type of Employment: Part-Time
Provides administrative and office support to our Financial Services division. Duties include answering incoming calls, scheduling appointments, coordinating general office operations and providing administrative support.
- Effectively screens and directs phone calls ensuring confidentiality and tactfulness. Resolves routine inquiries and routes other questions/concerns to appropriate person for resolution.
- Perform general office duties such as drafting correspondence, routing mail, faxing, copying, scanning, filing and ordering/ensuring adequate office supplies.
- Review, update and maintain applications, presentations and various other data for accuracy and completeness. Pull and populate standard forms from various resources including the internet for processing and follow-up with business clients for completing and/or necessary required information
- Pull standard reports and enter information into the enterprise resource planning tool (Salesforce).
- Schedules appointments, meetings, activities and travel arrangements.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Commitment to the Midwest Heritage mission and willingness to promote the values of the organization.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proficient computer skills. Microsoft Office preferred (Outlook, Power Point, Excel and Word.)
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to relate to and interact with people in a friendly, professional manner.
- Strong detail orientation including the ability to review forms for accuracy and completeness.
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements:
- Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum Experience: Previous administrative experience preferred. Experience in the financial services a plus but not required.
Accountable and Reports to: Financial Planner
Supervisor Responsibilities: None
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- The duties of this position are normally performed in a general office setting. This is a fast paced work environment.
- This position is classified sedentary/light and requires the ability to sit for long periods of time.
- There is frequent pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects in a day.
- Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near range with or without correction.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: sitting for long periods, talking (in person and by telephone), hearing and repetitive motions.
Computer (PC with Microsoft Office programs), telephone, calculator, telephone, copier, fax, and printer.
Other Position Requirements:
- Contacts: This position works with Midwest Heritage employees, customers, Hy-Vee employees, vendors and outside agents doing direct business with Midwest Heritage.
- Confidentiality: This position has the responsibility to protect the privacy and confidentiality of customers, employees and bank/insurance/financial information at all times.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to:
- Perform quality work within deadlines.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.