← Back to all positions
Date Posted: 12/11/2018
Location: West Des Moines Corporate Office
Type of Employment: Part-Time
Deliver a full range of administrative, processing, licensing, vendor management, accounting and compliance support to Midwest Heritage Financial Services (MHFS). Supporting the overall efforts of the President of Midwest Heritage Financial Services.
- Works directly with clients to process account changes. Reviews each transaction for accuracy, completeness, and compliance issues.
- Maintains a record of all transactions processed by means of the control measures required by the company.
- Handles and corrects transactions which are inaccurate or missing information. This should include any written and/or verbal communication with the President to resolve the problem before the business is sent to Securities America.
- Ensures proper handling and safeguarding of classified, confidential, private or sensitive information.
- Maintains communication with clients; accurately prepares letters, cards, and general correspondence. Assists with client inquiries in absence of the President.
- Prepares and customizes regularly scheduled reports using various industry software applications. Analyze data for applicability and content. Makes arrangements for presentations.
- Manages and tracks employee licensing and registration, continuing education, and securities firm element requirements.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies, marketing materials, new business forms, and business cards.
- Organizes files, mail, and information. Sorts and summarizes correspondence. Makes copies as needed.
- Prepares notes or cover memos to attach to new business for clarification on unusual trades and follow-up on any unresolved issues.
- Schedules meetings and prepares agendas; makes travel arrangements.
- Screens calls and takes messages.
- Provides information on completing paperwork, i.e., how to set up new accounts, unusual trade documentation, changes to existing accounts.
- Answers questions from Securities America, President, other program staff, bank management, other bank personnel, and clients.
- Professionally manages vendor relationships.
- Provides accounting support and report generation.
- Provides compliance support on all securities processed.
- Continuously expands product knowledge, sales skills, and computer knowledge.
- Delivers a high level of customer service to all customers, internal and external.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- Develops and maintains client and prospect lists.
- Assists branches in setting up in-house campaigns; targeting prospects, developing scripts, sales aids and rewards.
- Assists in developing client appreciation programs.
- Works with compliance to get approval for all direct mailings, seminars, or other marketing pieces. If appropriate, works with bank managers to implement these marketing strategies.
- Work with bank managers to develop target marketing strategies as well as to build up employee’s knowledge and abilities to refer clients to MHFS.
- Assists President with telemarketing efforts and makes appointments.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail .
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and to stay calm in stressful situations .
- Strong listening skills .
- Sales aptitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good math and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform exemplary work with minimal supervision; self directed.
- Enthusiasm in and desire to learn the business.
- Creative mindset
- Common sense and the ability to understand cause and effect
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements:
- Two years college coursework in business, finance or related field.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Two years related securities or financial services industry experience or administrative assistant experience required.
Accountable and reports to: President, Financial Services"
Supervisor Responsibilities: None
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- The duties of this position are normally performed in a general office setting. This is a fast-paced work environment.
- This position is classified sedentary/light and requires the ability to sit for long periods of time.
- There is frequent pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects in a day.
- Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near range with or without correction.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: sitting for long periods, talking (in person and by telephone), hearing, and repetitive motions.
PC Skills include word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation/graphics software (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook), printer, calculator, telephone, fax, and copier.
Other Position Requirements:
Contacts: This position works with Midwest Heritage employees, customers, Hy-Vee employees, vendors, financial clients, Securities America, and outside agents doing direct business with Midwest Heritage.
Confidentiality: This position has the responsibility to protect the privacy and confidentiality of customers, employees, and bank/insurance/financial information at all times.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to:
• Perform quality work within deadlines.
• Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
• Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
• Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.