When you become an employee of Midwest Heritage, you enjoy the friendliness and direct customer care of a community bank while also enjoying the many benefits of a larger organization, Hy-Vee. Hy-Vee is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. With the family of Hy-Vee companies, your career opportunities are endless.
The core of our culture is taking care of the customer and taking care of each other. Our employees appreciate that their contributions make a direct impact on the success of our business as well as their own personal and professional growth. We invite you to join our team of friendly, fun, and hard-working employees. We look forward to meeting you!
Please note that all applicants, if presented with a conditional offer of employment, will be required to complete pre-employment screening that consists of credit check, criminal check and drug screen. Results of these screenings will determine the confirmation of any employment offer.
Midwest Heritage, as a subsidiary of Hy-Vee, offers the same comprehensive benefit program as Hy-Vee which includes group medical, dental, disability income coverage, and life insurance. The benefit program is offered to eligible full-time employees.
TIME AWAY FROM WORK
Employees receive generous paid time off, volunteer time off, parental leave, holiday and bereavement time off.
Midwest Heritage offers a competitive 401K plan, with an employer match designed to help employees reach their financial retirement goals.
Employees who are at least 19 years of age are eligible to enroll in the 401k plan. Employees may choose to contribute from 1% to 100% of their pay or a fixed dollar deduction to the 401k plan each pay period. Midwest Heritage currently matches 50% of employee contributions up to 7% of employee pay.
We understand our employee’s health is vital to being a productive team member. Midwest Heritage offers a wellness program designed to help employees embrace healthier lives. The wellness program encourages overall well-being, including physical, mental and financial wellness through education incentives and healthy activities. Our wellness initiatives include:
- Personalized Wellness: Midwest Heritage offers annual health screenings, flu shots and personalized wellness programs to insure all employees have a strong foundation for a healthy life.
- Wellness Education: Through our partnerships with health and wellness experts, we regularly offer seminars to keep employees up to date on health trends and engaged in their personal wellness journey.
- Financial Wellness: Midwest Heritage offers financial wellness webinars, including a retire secure meeting.
Midwest Heritage provides tools and support to help team members grow and develop their careers. From trainings to development plans, we encourage employees to develop skills and interests to create a rewarding career. Some of the areas we focus on for career development include:
- Employee Development and Succession Training: Midwest Heritage believes in a proactive approach to helping employees and our colleagues reach their potential. We coach our managers to have regular conversations with team members about goals and career development.
- Continuing Education: At Midwest Heritage, we believe our people are our most important asset. We are committed to creating a strong future by investing in our employees. To help reach that goal, we’ve created a new tuition assistance program exclusively for Hy-Vee and Hy-Vee subsidiary employees and their families.
Midwest Heritage offers a variety of additional perks, too! We strive to create the most hospitable working experience possible. Some of our other benefits include:
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- HSA Match
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Cancer Insurance
- Auto, Homeowner and Renters Insurance
- Pet Coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Quarterly Bonuses for All Positions
- Recognition Programs
- Safety Deposit Box
- Employee Bank Accounts: An Employee Plus Checking account with no minimum balance requirement and a free debit card, along with an Employee Savings account offering no minimum balance and 4% APR (subject to change) are offered to all Midwest Heritage employees.
Midwest Heritage is an Equal Opportunity Employer.