Shred Day 2021
posted on Wednesday, July 7, 2021
Join us for our annual Shred Day for Midwest Heritage customers on Saturday, August 28, 2021 from 9 AM -12 PM.
This event will be held at our Midwest Heritage headquarters, which is located at 3580 EP True Parkway West Des Moines, Iowa.
You may be wondering what types of documents you should shred. Shredding documents containing personal, financial, and account information can help to protect you from identity theft. Anything that contains sensitive personal information (especially your date of birth and/or social security number) can put you at risk if not safely stored.
Here are a few things you should consider shredding this spring:
- Outdated financial documents (statements 3+ years old)
- Old job applications (especially those containing your SSN!)
- Pay stubs
- Post it notes containing account information or passwords
- Paid utility bills
- Cancelled checks (that are not tax-related)
- Expired warranties
- Junk mail (some contain barcodes that hold personal data)
Have questions about the Shred Day event? Please email [email protected] or call 800-782-0521.
Looking to minimize your paper statements? Consider switching to E-Statements from Midwest Heritage today. Learn more about switching to E-Statements.